The takeoffs and the flying area will be the Red Bull X-Alps 2019 route (Salzburg to Monaco). Of course we will skipp the hardcore trekking and climbing as occured on the race, but all the rest will be there to provide you an unforgetable experience in first hand. For this purpose we'll use the cars to move close to the takeoff areas and to the camp grounds. We will fly everytime the weather is suitable and in case of no flyable days we will move forward towards better weather.
Imagine the Red Bull X-Alps without the hard parts of walking! Crossing the Alps through the race turnpoints as if it was a real race but with the help of cars and cable cars, while flying as much as we can, even just the short flights in the morning or the afternoon. You won't have to worry about anything excpet focusing on your flying. The logistics, the sleeping, and all the food will be the organizer's part.
Important to know before
- You must have an SIV with good handling in strong turbulence (if you want to fly all the time)
- You must be capable of taking off in NIL wind (front launch)
- You must be capable to land on small places or slopes
- Wing level is not important as long as you feel good on it
- Would be great to have Oudie 5
- You must follow the schedule and be on time
The days are dynamic and fast going. Be prepared for the fast packing and moving around. We chill in the evening.
- The days without rain we do hike/drive and fly
- The days with the rain we either rest or if the flyable weather is close by we move
- If the day is good for a long XC but not on the way to TP, we use it (moto is km in the air)
- We tray to stay together in a group
- If someone bombs out and is possible will be picked up and taken to the next possible takeoff that is in the group reach
- Some takeoffs are not reachable by car so some hiking will be involved
Each pilot will have his own tent. The organization will help out with the camp preparation, tents, stuff... Bring your sleeping stuff! We recommend to bring devices that don't need a big power supply.
The food will mainly be pre-cooked or easy to serve with a lot of calories. The amount and availability of fresh fruit and vegetables will be dependent on the area we will be crossing. In the case you have some special diet we will get you the food you need but will be charged extra. If you are picky about the food, we recommend bringing your own goodies.
What to bring
- Full flying equipment
- SPOT or inReach
- unlocked cellphone with DATA working inside EU (Latino American companies don't work in EU) (we can get you some SIM before, just have unlocked phone)
- Tent if you want yours
- Sleeping bag and mat
- Walking poles
- Insurance personal + 3rd party
- Paragliding license + IPPI
- Batteries and chargers you need
- Adapter for EU
- Personal hygiene
- 2-3 pairs of tennis/boots
- rain cover for you and glider
- camel bag
- Passport with VISA entry to SWITZERLAND if needed
Social behavior and interactions
We will be a group of many pilots from many countries and also different cultures. All of us are different but we have something in common, the paragliding, and the adventure surrounding it. Everyone wants to have a great time. Many days together with different people can be stressful but nevertheless, we need to be a solid team. We assume that all the pilots are grownups and that they can behave like ones.
For the sake of the whole group we will not tolerate:
- personal fights
- the aggression of any sort
- treating any client or members of the organization with disrespect
- or any form of behavior that is offensive or can bring bad energy in the group
If a person does some of the things mentioned above first will be warned and if repeated will be taken out to the nearest bus station/airport. The final word will be always taken by Marko Hrgetic. There will be NO refund of any sort.
Your Host: Marko
Marko is your host for this tours and will take care of everything during your trip. Furthermore the host knows everything about this trip and will provide you will all information needed.