We will be utilising the Mountain launches around Bright, Victoria. Our main site will be Mystic which is a locally managed site and club membership is compulsory. We will arrange this for you. Other Flying locations & conditions will depend on the season and the chosen destinations. We provide guided XC and development mentoring whilst flying Mountains, Flatland towing or Coastal. Expect classic thermal flying among the mountains, big air breeze driven Xc on the flats and dynamic soaring on coast.
The customised tours will are designed around your needs and may well include some of the Major Australian events during competition season.
You will have transport, accommodation, guided Pg XC, and even Pre Competition Race Skills development mentoring. We will provide logistics and Xc guidance throughout, including accommodation options to suit needs.
Our tours are available for individuals and small groups. Please note these tours may require integrated drive/ domestic flight time.
- Day 1. Arrive at Melboune Interantional. Pickup & drive to Bright. (4hrs). Orientation and chill out flights.
- Day2-4 Xc days Bright region. utilizing Mystic, Gundowering, Emu, Bogong.
- **Day4 **?Drive to Conargo (3hrs) Flatland Towing
- Day8 Drive Manilla (9hrs) Manilla Xc day 12 drive Qld Canungra (8hrs) Lost World Hinterland XC
- Day14 Homebound flight from Brisbane / Gold Coast
Above logistics can be varied or reversed to suit needs and weather.
Gear & Insurance
- Gear: In addition to your chosen standard Pg gear (Wing, Harness, Vario/Alt, Reserve, Helment, Clothing), all pilots must have personal GPS based location tracking (spot /Delorme) , UHF radio and mobile. Let us know if you are traveling in from outside Australia & in need as we can supply /loan comms and instruments.
- Insurance: You will have valid search & rescue Insurances for recreational paraglider flight. For ALL Australian sites you will have valid HGFA membership (this covers your 3rd party liabilities) plus any local Club memberships as may be required . Contact us if in need of relevant registration details. For international tours and expeditions, please discuss kit & insurance needs directly with us. Some local club fees may also apply.
Headed up by Dave Snowden, PWC & AAA Aus Comp pilot, Squad Manager and Bright resident. Dave has 28 years of pg flight expertise to draw upon, and extensive knowledge of Australian flight zones. Additionally The tour will team up with local experts for site orientation. Your Airtime will be accompanied by Dave and his crew are specialists in providing guiding / mentoring / logistics services to Xc pilots who are Intermediate to expert. All transport and accommodation will be accounted for within quoted costs.
Your Host: David
David is your host for this experience and will provide you with all the information needed.