Portugal's coastline offers ideal conditions for soaring a ground-handling with smooth laminar airflow. We fly in conditions between 18 and 35 kms/hr, depending on the site, pilot level and equipment. There are cliff sites and friendly dune sites that are ideal for mastering technique on the ground. The take-offs and landing places are suitable for all levels of pilots. Top landing is possible at all sites, depending on pilot level. All sites are easily accessible by car... no hiking required.
Nazare is a charming, sea-side village. It is one of the most traditional villages left in Portugal and offers the perfect location to discover Portuguese culture, on the ground and in the sky! People have been paragliding here for over 30 years, yet the sites are blessed with a sense of peace and quiet and we often have the spots entirely to ourselves.
This TIP Clinics focus on three main aspects, Mind, Body, Technique (MBT). The concept is all about building the connection between you and your glider. By building ground-handling techniques in an ideal environment, with instruction that encompasses all aspects of glider control (MBT), participants have are able to utilise this connection, growing a strong platform for success in the sky ;).
Why it Works
TIP Clinics provide an environment for powerful transformations. There are several reasons why this happens:
- A friendly, non-judgemental environment, ideal for progressing at our own pace.
- Small groups sizes – 4-6. Our experts value an intimate experience, taking time to know each pilot, their needs and personalities. This allows to participants to receive information that is most valuable to them.
- A unique and open environment, allowing participants to be more relaxed and connected with the challenges and break-throughs on the ground
- Location + Environment: the beaches of Portugal offer an ideal environment for learning. It is peaceful and spacious and the sand is soft! =)
Who is this Clinic for?
-Licensed Paragliding Pilots (minimum 50 flights) -Pilots who feel their progression is limited by their ground-handling techniques, fears and/or physical abilities. -Pilots who are ready to improve their level and ready to put the work in to achieve success during the program. this is not a holiday Participants are expected to be prepared to learn and put energy into their progression, making the most of the valuable time offered by their Pro Pilot instructors.
- Training, briefing and debriefing
- use of small gliders as needed
- "Welcome" dinner and breakfast on the first morning
- TIP gift 🎁
- BONUS: a selection of photos and videos of your time on course ARRANGED / PAID APART
- Site transfers
- Airport Transfers on arrival and leaving days **inquire for details
We use a wide variety of trainers and professionals to offer the most ideal clinics for all pilots. Some of our team includes the following:
Erica Dobie (Ground-Handling Technique) Leonardo Jesus (Ground-Handling Technique) Sarah Sigrist (Yoga + Meditiation: Mind, Body Technique) Bunok Kravitz (Yoga + Restoration) Katrin Ganter (Mental Coaching)
We have 2 accommodation options. Please inquire to determine the best arrangements for you and the applicable pricing. We arrange accommodations for our pilots. The cost is payable apart from the course fees and due on arrival day in full.
Your Host: Erica + Leonardo
Erica + Leonardo is your host for this camps and will take care of everything during your trip. Furthermore the host knows everything about this trip and will provide you will all information needed.