Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Flying Style: Soaring
Lessons or coaching
Portugal's coastline offers ideal conditions for soaring a ground-handling with smooth laminar airflow. We fly in conditions between 18 and 35 kms/hr, depending on the site, pilot level and equipment. There are cliff sites and friendly dune sites that are ideal for mastering technique on the ground. The take-offs and landing places are suitable for all levels of pilots. Top landing is possible at all sites, depending on pilot level. All sites are easily accessible by car... no hiking required.
Typical Pickup: Lisbon, Portugal
Suitable for: Solo traveler
Ambience: Wilderness, Relaxed
Experience Type: Collective
Up to 6 guests
Nazare is a charming, sea-side village. It is one of the most traditional villages left in Portugal and offers the perfect location to discover Portuguese culture, on the ground and in the sky! People have been paragliding here for over 30 years, yet the sites are blessed with a sense of peace and quiet and we often have the spots entirely to ourselves.
The Mind Body Technique (MBT) Clinic is about building the relationship between the mind, body and glider by building ground-handling techniques, mental-trainings and yoga. Understanding and utilising this connection provides a powerful platform for success in the sky.
Why it Works
Mind Body Technique clinic provides an environment for powerful transformations. There are several reasons why this happens:
- It is an integral clinic, encompassing three essential and complimentary aspects of our sport – the Mind, Body + Technique
- Three professionals connect and share their expertise in each component, offering their passion and energy to benefit the participants.
- Small groups sizes – 6 participants. Our experts value an intimate experience, taking time to know each pilot, their needs and personalities. This allows to participants to receive information that is most valuable to them.
- An all-female clinic: this provides a unique, open and familiar environment, allowing participants to be more relaxed and connect with the issues, challenges and break-throughs that are unique to us, as female pilots.
- Location + Environment: the beaches of Portugal offer an ideal environment for learning. It is peaceful and spacious and the sand is soft! =)
Who is Mind Body Technique for?
-Licensed Female Paragliding Pilots -Pilots who feel their progression is limited by their fears, physical abilities, and/or ground-handling techniques -Pilots who are ready to improve their level and see the value of combining the three key components in a clinic
-Ground-Handling Techniques, detailed and personalised with Erica Dobie -Mental-Training for PG pilots with Katrin Ganter -Stretch, Strengthen and Flow for PG pilots with yoga instructor Sandra Chormann -Accommodation in the TIP House directly on the beach of Nazare with huge garden and terrace: 8 nights in a shared double room
- limited number of private rooms available, +160 EUR -Airport Transfers on arrival and leaving days WEEK ONE: 14. and 22.10/WEEK TWO: 24.10. and 1.11.
The clinic guides are Erica Dobie (ground-handling), Katrin Ganter (mental-training) and Sandra Chormann (yoga).
Arrival Day: Lisbon to Nazare
On arrival day, we will offer an airport pickup service from Lisbon airport. Each clinic day will include an element of all 3 clinic components and be structured based on the weather conditions of that day. We mostly fly within a 20 km range of Nazare, with one (amazing =) site being slightly further. When time allows, participants will have the opportunity to explore the charm of Nazare and surrounding tourist sites. We will also provide an airport drop-off service on departure day. Please inquire for details.
Itineraries are not binding and the actual itinerary can be adjusted by the host because of unforeseen circumstances or other reasons!
Accommodation in the beautiful, sea-side, TIP House directly on the beach of Nazare with huge garden and terrace.
8 nights in a shared double room
A limited number of private rooms are available.