We have the best climate conditions to fly the whole year round, especially in winter; while the rest of Europe is frozen, we can fly great thermals at 18-20ºC! The mountains of Algodonales are one of the best paragliding spots in southern Spain and one of the most popular in Europe. It is a great thermic site and has good cross-country potential, even for pilots who are looking for their first XC flight. The good weather and local orography of the area make Algodonales a perfect destination to learn or to improve your cross-country skills. There are straight-forward cross-country routes, many big areas for landing and the instruction of your coach will make the flights easier and safer to you.
Our XC Training Camp is for pilots at any level. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner in cross country flights or an experienced pilot with hundreds of flights, we will adapt the training to you. Our aim is that you can achieve your first, or your best, cross-country flight. Personal training and goals: Every day the pilots can choose to fly cross country or to fly locally. In this last case, the instructor will propose some tasks and exercises. We know every pilot is different, so we follow your progression with statistics and set your goals according to your level. No pressure, we are here to have fun! Each day, our pilots learn to design the best XC route with the support of internet tools and the help of an experienced instructor. A coach will suggest daily tasks and flight exercises to improve your capabilities and confidence.
Real-Time GPS Tracker: for your safety, we use an Android App real-time location tracking service. We can track you in real-time while you are flying!
- Accommodation in shared double twin beds rooms (single room available by 15 euros/nigh extra fee)
- Coaching with professional instructors.
- Daily lessons for novices, and tips for the most experienced pilots: how to find thermals, how to fly in lift,... all you need to know for flying far far away!
- Workshop: use of internet tools for weather forecast and how to design an XC route.
- Daily meteo briefing and plan for the XC route of the day.
- Statistics of your progression.
- Shuttle to the flying sites: we can fly in more than 10 different spots. We don't mind to move to another area if it is necessary due weather conditions.
- Retrievals: after you land, you send your position with GPS and we will find you!
- Airport transfers, included (Only Malaga airport, Saturday @13h00)
For this course, you must be a pilot rated leastways FAI Para Pro3, BHPA Club pilot, APPI Pilot, or equivalent, with a minimum of 25 hours, and totally autonomous for taking off, flying and landing. You don’t need to be an expert; the course is good even if you have never achieved an XC flight before, but you need a bit of previous experience flying in a thermal lift in order to take benefit of the training.
You should have a Flight License and a Third Party Insurance specific for paragliding. Bring it with you. You should have a Travel Accident Insurance with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you are a citizen of the EU, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This entitles you to reduced-cost, sometimes free, medical treatment. Bring your Flight Equipment, with reserve parachute, helmet, Walkie VHF 2m and mobile phone. It is possible to hire with us a full flying kit or any elements. The briefings are in English or Spanish. You must understand at least one of these languages.
Accident insurance is NOT included in the price of the paragliding tours or holidays. You should have a Travel Accident Insurance, specific for paragliding, with full rescue/repatriation cover. If you don't have one, you will assume to pay for any medical costs in case of an accident.
Your Host: JOSE
JOSE is your host for this experience and will provide you with all the information needed.