Rio de Janeiro lets you fly over the most spectacular landscape: an amazing city with tropical forests and lakes within, not to mention the ocean just there. The flying is easy and acessible to all levels. You will take off from a high point over the city and easily land on the beach after exploring around. On a classic day you can try the highlight of Rio: the flight to Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer - it will let you speechless!
We host people from all over the world and our house is in São Conrado, close to the famous Pedra Bonita free flight ramp. Stay with us and fly all day long, taking it easy and chatting at the pool after amazing flights that may include, under best weather conditions, an unforgettable loop around Christ the Redeemer Statue. São Conrado beach is located between Leblon and the 40 km of white sand beach of Barra da Tijuca with many clubs and bars, only 20 minutes from Ipanema beach, with its amazing style and nightlife.
The accomodation is very comfortable, quiet and cozy, in farmhouse style surrounded by the incredible Nature of Tijuca National Park. A nice swimming pool is also at your disposal. There is a mountain creek flowing nearby with the typical sound of running waters and an intense animal life. From the house you can observe various species of birds such as toucans, herons, hawks, hummingbirds and many others as well as various types of large and small monkeys.
- At the top of our street you will find some popular picturesque bars and restaurants offering full meals for a cheap price. They also serve light meals in the evening until 10 p.m. on request.
- As an alternative there is a canteen nearby with outdoor tables under trees which offers a nice lunch for a good price.
- Gávea Beach Club by Jolanda Ruggiero: serves excellent Italian food with quality wines and espresso at a beach kiosk on Pepino Beach in São Conrado. This is a highly recommended place to watch a romantic sunset and spend nice moments in the tropical night in front of the sea waves. It's open until midnight, located at a short distance from the house on the beach promenade.
- Churrascaria Oasis: Brazilian restaurant typical of barbecue, with “rodizio de carne” (the waiters do not stop to bring to your table an incredible variation of tasty grilled meats until you give up and show them the red card). The food is supplemented by rice, farofa and an amazing buffet of varied salads. (Open for lunch and dinner within walking distance of the house).
- Gávea Golf Club Restaurant: Offers an excellent buffet style traditional farmhouse in the Clubhouse located in the former headquarters of a typical colonial style coffee farm. Surrounded by the golf course with splendid views over the Atlantic Forest. (1 km from Casa São Conrado, only at lunch time)
- Shopping Fashion Mall with fine restaurants (French, Italian, Italian), relaxed and / or trendy restaurants such as hamburgers, cafes (Starbucks, etc.) and fine ice cream shops. (1km from Casa São Conrado). Also with cinemas and theater. (Back up) Pizzeria / Chinese Food
- Several pizzerias and local Chinese cuisines deliver at home within half an hour at any time.
Visiting the Surroundings
From the house, it is easy to reach any touristic site in Rio: You will find a bus station with lines to any destination and a taxi rank at the corner of our street. We are connected to the international airport by a fast bus with exclusive route (BRT). Line 4 of the Carioca subway, with station in São Conrado, was completed in time for the 2016 Olympic Games and is situated at + - 15 minutes walking from the house in São Conrado. It is connected in the "Jardim Oceânico" station near Casa São Conrado, to the BRT of the "Olympic Park" where big music events such as Rock in Rio take place today. From the São Conrado subway station to General Osório square in Ipanema you will need 15 minutes by metro, to Copacabana 20 minutes, to Flamengo 25 minutes ....
Ilha Grande Vans will pick you up at a meeting point in Leblon. Boat to Ilha Grande in Concepción de Jacareí, where the boat will be waiting to take you to Ilha Grande. On Ilha Grande, arrival is at the main pier in Vila do Abraão.
From Rio to Paraty Vans will pick you up at a meeting point in Leblon. The Rio van will take you to Jacareí Conception, where another van will be waiting for you to take you to Paraty. In Paraty the van leaves you outside the hostel of your choice.
From Paraty to Ilha Grande Vans will pick you up at your accommodation in Paraty to take you to Concepción de Jacareí, where the boat will be waiting for you to take you to Ilha Grande. On Ilha Grande, arrival at the pier next to Aquarium hostel, 5 minutes walk from Vila do Abraão.
For more comfort, we can also send a non-taxi tourist service to the Airport, with someone with a poster with your name on it, to wait for you behind the customs exit gates and pick you up to take you directly to us. The price of this service is $ 190.00 (it's expensive but it's justified because the driver has to wait a long time for you and pay for the airport parking).
Your Host: Stanislas
Stanislas is your host for this experience and will provide you with all the information needed.